More than $246,000 in emergency relief was awarded to 43 nonprofits in August.
Wisconsin Humanities awarded two groups of CARES Relief Grants to support operations at nonprofits in Wisconsin during the COVID-19 pandemic. In June, the first round of grants was awarded to 49 organizations around the state. Now a total of 82 organizations have received $548,000 in emergency funding.
“We responded to requests for salary support, for unanticipated costs for protective equipment, and for paying utility bills just so organizations could keep the lights on. We saw so much need,” explains Dena Wortzel, Executive Director of Wisconsin Humanities.
Funding was provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the $2.2 trillion CARES Act economic stabilization plan appropriated by the U.S. Congress. For a full list of awardees, and for more information about Wisconsin Humanities CARES Relief Grants, visit our website.
The following organizations were awarded grants in the second round.
- Algoma Public Library
- Alma Public Library
- Bayfield Carnegie Library
- Bekkum Memorial Library (Westby)
- Beloit Historical Society
- Bloomington Public Library
- Brandon Public Library
- Campbellsport Public Library
- Chippewa Valley Museum (Eau Claire)
- Cobb Public Library
- Coloma Public Library
- De Soto Public Library
- Dunn County Historical Society
- Ex Fabula, Inc (Milwaukee)
- Farnsworth Public Library (Oconto)
- Friends of Hearthstone, Inc. (Appleton)
- Grant County Historical Society
- Hancock Public Library
- Johnson Creek Public Library
- Kenosha County Historical Society
- Kewaunee Public Library
- Madison Reading Project
- Marathon County Historical Society
- Markesan Public Library
- Marsh Haven Nature Center (Waupun)
- Milton Historical Society
- Mineral Point Public Library
- New Glarus HIstorical Society
- Norskedalen Nature & Heritage Center (Coon Valley)
- Optimist Theatre (Milwaukee)
- Poy Sippi Public Library
- Prairie du Chien Historical Society, Inc.
- Princeton Public Library
- Pump House Regional Arts Center (La Crosse)
- Racine County Historical Society and Museum Inc.
- Rock County Historical Society
- Spring Green Community Library
- Tomah Area Historical Society, Inc.
- Vang Council of La Crosse, Inc.
- Vernon County Historical Society
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts (Milwaukee)
- Winneconne Public Library
- Winter Public Library